Friday, January 10, 2014

A welcome message to squealers from the author

Welcome to REINVENTING THE SQUEAL!!!

As an active participant and avid fan in the local music scene of Hampton Roads, VA, I feel it is time to begin documenting experiences and feelings I get from shows and other musical related adventures. I'm doing this for two reasons:

1) Local independent musicians can NEVER get enough exposure, and 
2) The older I get the worse my memory becomes. 

I can't tell you how many times I've been telling someone about a show I attended and damned if I can remember the name of the band I saw, the people I met, or something else important that has run far away from this brain of mine. So, ideally, if I can keep my motivation up to stay on top of this blog, I will have a nice little journal of experiences for myself. And hopefully along the way someone somewhere in these seven cities will discover some really cool music they didn't know about!

I'm not a journalist and this is going to be full of errors, oversights, and likely a small amount of incorrect information.  I'll do my best.  Also, it is unrealistic that I will be able to write about every show I attend (even though that is the goal).  It will be amateur at best.  I will appreciate your feedback and comments as I begin and continue this blog. Feel free to drop me a line at uglyography@gmail.com.

Thanks squealers!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment